Thursday, February 11, 2010

white tailed deer

A couple of years ago I accompanied Don when he went out to hunt deer. He with his rifle & me with my camera. It was an enlightening experience. Haven't been out since. Rather tedious for me. Lots of sitting & waiting for not much activity. You have to be very quiet & not move. I did not take any photographs of any animals. But Don did get a buck (he wounded it & we followed its blood trail for almost two hours before finding it & putting it out of its misery; now that was interesting). I eventually took some photos of deer but it was up by the ranch house. There's an old orchard where an apple tree still produces fruit. The deer clean up the apples & assume (wrongly) that they are safe. I was able to sneak up on this deer that weekend & get some shots with my telephoto lens & hiding behind hay bales . . .















No comments:

Post a Comment