Sunday, February 28, 2010

things I love about winter

Today is the last day of February. March means spring is getting closer. I know it has been a tough winter but there are special things about winter time that I do like.

Oranges. This is their peak time. Taking the time to peel an orange & enjoy the citrus smell is a treat in itself. The color is refreshing during the winter blahs. And the sweet & juicy flavor is worth savoring.



My electric blanket. I held off using it earlier this winter & finally gave in. Last winter when I used it I was plagued with hot flashes. I was either too hot with it on then too cold when I threw it off. Not a problem this winter! I look forward to crawling into a prewarmed bed at night & just soaking up the heat.



Wool neck scarves. I have a couple. Actually lost my pink scarf & haven't found it yet. Have a couple on my knitting needles that I need to finish. But it's fun to have a variety of colors & lengths.



Baking. I do bake year round but during the winter it is another way to heat up the house & make it more homey. During the summer I have to decide if that extra heat is worth it. I came across a recipe for a vanilla cake that I recently tried. It's pretty good! You can check it out here to see the recipe.



So for all of you that HATE winter I hope you can find something to like about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment