Monday, February 22, 2010

omelet for two

I was channel surfing the other day & checked out the Food Network only to find Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, making this dish. It looked so good! So when Don & I stopped at Walmart after the bike show on Saturday & I found Yukon potatoes I bought some. I made this for supper last night & it tastes as good as it looks. I doubled the recipe & used my cast iron skillet. I substituted a serrano chili for the jalapeno. The potatoes took longer to cook than she says & I finally put a lid on the skillet to speed it up a bit. You want to make sure they're done before pouring the eggs over the top. I also substituted some "Husker" cheese since I didn't have chunks of cheddar. Served it with some fresh fruit. I may even try it without the bacon. It's the kind of recipe where you can make some substitutions according to what you have on hand. This one's a keeper. Click here for her recipe.



I was ready to eat it without the eggs . . .







No comments:

Post a Comment