Thursday, February 25, 2010

aunt Norma

Today I finally took the time to visit my aunt Norma (we used to call her Lorene, her middle name, when I was growing up) who is mom's older sister. In fact, Norma turned 90 last month! Four days a week she volunteers at the state capitol at the information desk. She also volunteers at Bennett Martin library every week shelving books. She's fun to visit with & I picked a busy day at the capitol. The legislature is in session & this afternoon the senators were having committee meetings regarding abortion & providing health care to the children of illegal immigrants. Plus school children were there for tours. Norma was kept busy but handled it all with ease.

One of the perks of visiting Norma is that I see physical resemblances to my mom & especially my grandmother in her.





From Norma's vantage point at the information desk she has four hallways to look down. They are similar but different. The lighting was fascinating so I photographed each hallway . . .







No comments:

Post a Comment