Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Don!

Don is my oldest brother. He turns 60 today! This photo was taken in July on the farm when we were celebrating Krista's high school graduation (Don is her godparent.) When I am preparing patients for surgery one of the questions I ask is if they have had any significant life changes or losses in the past year. Don would have a list: lost his mother, became a grandfather, sold his business & entered a new decade of his life! He has always taken seriously his role as eldest child. I know I can call with any problem & he will help if he can. (But then all my siblings are like that.) One of my favorite memories with Don is when he was in college & he lived on Charleston street in the Russian Bottoms neighborhood. I was visiting with the folks & he gave me a ride in his Austin Healey sportscar. I remember going past the capital & cruising through downtown Lincoln. Sitting close to the ground. Probably had Neil Diamond playing on the radio . . . Sweet Caroline . . .

Also Happy Birthday to Amy (Jim's stepdaughter)! I know she is busy with her three young children, the youngest born this past July. She works every weekend as a nurse (hope she took today off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment