Saturday, December 12, 2009

flattered

I have used this knitted ribbing pattern for several neckscarves. I've made scarves using this pattern for Don, Austin & myself. Austin recently donated his red scarf to a good cause & asked that I make him another scarf! I am flattered by the request. Anyway he asked that the new scarf not be red. When I suggested a denim blue he thought that was ok. I found this Cascade wool yarn in color Blue Heath at the Yarn Shop. The pattern is simple & quick. I cast on 39 stitches (multiple of 4 plus 3) with my size 9 needles. The pattern is: *K2 P2; rep from* , end K2, P1. Repeat until you get your desired length. Every row is the same. A nice project when you don't want to concentrate. This scarf is about 7 inches wide but stretches out to be much wider. I bought two skeins but will end up with some left over.









No comments:

Post a Comment