Thursday, February 9, 2012

remembering Steve

I've been visiting my cousin, Steve, in a local hospital for the past ten days. He doesn't even know I am there. He suffered an acute life threatening event at home from which he will not recover. Today he goes to another facility to be closer to family. I don't imagine I will see him again. In remembering Steve in better times I found these photos of him I had taken during corn harvest on October 18, 2009. He was helping my brother, Gene, with harvest. My brother, Roy, was helping too. I'm grateful I got a few photos of Steve that day. We grew up only a few miles apart. Going to my aunt & uncle's farm was a frequent event to socialize & for us cousins to play. Ten of us. Ten of them. Although we weren't usually all together on a regular basis back then. We're planning a big family reunion this summer & he will be missed. He'll be missed by his family & his community.









No comments:

Post a Comment