Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chunky Pecan Pie Bars

My aunt, Shirley, emailed me this recipe last month. I would've made it sooner except I discovered the nuts I had on hand were walnuts. So I finally got some pecans & made this tonight. It is really good. And easy.

Mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar & 1/2 cup softened butter. (I did this by hand; the recipe says to use your mixer.) Press into a greased 13x9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
For the filling beat with a whisk: 3 large eggs, 3/4 cup corn syrup, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla & 2 T. melted butter. Stir in 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans & 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour over crust & bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a rack. Cut into bars. Makes 2-3 dozen bars.





No comments:

Post a Comment