Wednesday, April 14, 2010

flowering dogwood tree

My aunt, Elaine, sent me these photos yesterday she took of the dogwood tree in her backyard. I love dogwoods! I first saw them when we lived in Arkansas. We had one in our yard too but it didn't get this full with blossoms. It seemed more that the blossoms floated in amongst the leafed out branches. I've spotted a couple of dogwoods in my neighborhood (which aren't blooming yet) & they look the same way. And usually I see them tucked in among other trees or near the house for protection. Elaine's dogwood is out in the middle of the yard & looks very happy there too! She says the flowers are at about two thirds of their peak & will end up being about four inches across! I did a little Googling & found out that the dogwood is the state tree for Missouri (where Elaine lives). No wonder! Thanks, Elaine!







No comments:

Post a Comment