Wednesday, November 4, 2009

knitting & the World Series

It looks like the end for the Phillies tonight. Joba Chamberlain, who is from Lincoln & pitched for the Huskers, did some relief pitching for the Yankees. Chase Utley has hit 5 home runs; that ties Reggie Jackson's record for World Series home runs. Pretty impressive even if they don't win.

I did finish my felted knitted basket. Felting involves washing the project in hot water & rinsing in cold. That process is repeated until the desired result is achieved. I washed this twice; I wish I'd have shortened the cycle as it almost turned out smaller than I wanted. Then it is air dried. Some shaping between washing cycles is helpful too. It's interesting to watch the individual stitches disappear with the felting. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Now it's time to get back to work on the scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment