Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mount Clare

On one of my trips out to visit Dad this summer we decided to go for a drive in the country in his pickup. I remember doing that as a kid when it had rained & Dad couldn't be in the field. We'd pile into the back of the car & he & Mom would sit up front talking about this & that field or pasture & us kids would listen in. On this recent drive we went past Bud & Eleanor's old place and also Ben & Geri's. We drove down some gravel roads I don't think I'd ever been down before. But I had a great time listening to Dad all over again. One of our stops was Mt. Clare. It is practically a ghost town now, but I remember Anna cutting our hair in her mobile home. I remember getting to ride those Palomino horses in the corral . . . Queenie?? And I remember drinking orange soda out of a glass bottle at the grain elevator. The elevator is all that's left of those memories so of course I took some pictures . . .



















No comments:

Post a Comment