Thursday, September 17, 2009

Don's home place in summer

Don's mother died in February 2008. She was still living out on the farm with Herb just weeks before she died. Herb moved to town a few months later. Don lived on this farm his entire childhood. The house was small & they added on some rooms. Don's grandfather lived with them at one time. Mavis loved flowers. She grew grapes out on a back fence that she would give me; they made wonderful jelly. I learned what trumpet vines were. She always had a large garden & would can tomatoes & pickles. I found out that her frozen corn tasted a lot better than the canned stuff. She loved animals; took pride in the wildlife that you could hear (pheasants) or see (deer) from the house. Hope you enjoy this tour.





























1 comment:

  1. I can almost smell that farm. It reminds me of visiting my grandparents in Assumption, Ne.

    ReplyDelete