Tuesday, March 6, 2012

the banner

I recently invited myself to the art room of my friend, Lynne. After school she has some students helping with the banner. The banner is an annual project done by the art teachers of the local elementary schools. The finished banners then become part of a traveling display throughout Lincoln at places like banks & libraries. They are an impressive display & worth seeking out. When Lynne mentioned that she working on this year's banner it seemed like an opportunity I couldn't pass up. And hanging out in Lynne's art room did not disappoint. This year her class is painting the "tree of life". The bottom of the tree is symbolized by two people reaching their arms up which are the trees branches. Getting the tree painted was what I saw them busy doing on my first visit.





























It was so much fun hanging out while kids sat around painting & talking. No cell phones. No headphones. I would've sat down & helped paint but the chairs were all full.

No comments:

Post a Comment