Tuesday, March 29, 2011

napkins

I've had my serger sewing machine for a long time. Bought it back in Arkansas in the early 90's. I used it for plenty of garments when the boys were younger but I don't sew clothes so much any more. One of my favorite features of this machine is the rolled hem it makes. I've used it to make dinner napkins that are sixteen inches square. Napkins I get out when the company comes. Then I saw someone suggest sewing cocktail napkins for a party. It gave me the idea to make smaller napkins for everyday use for myself. These new ones are 6 1/2 inch squares. A great way to use up some fabric scraps (or an excuse to buy more fabric). I'm thinking I can quit buying paper napkins. And I enjoy the addition of color & pattern to my meal or cookie break.





No comments:

Post a Comment