Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Uncle Butch!

Butch is Dad's brother. They are the bookends in a family of seven children. Dad is the oldest & Butch is the youngest. Butch turns 70 today & next month Dad will be 85. Butch lived with my folks for a while after their father died. Don & Roy think of Butch as more of a brother as a result & he is closer in age to them than to Dad also. He has weathered some health problems the past few years so I was grateful to be able to attend the party yesterday afternoon hosted by Elaine, his wife, and the rest of his family. There was a great spread of barbeque ("burnt ends!") and an assortment of vegetables & salads. And of course, birthday cake! The party then moved to Butch & Elaine's home where I snapped these photos of Butch in his back yard. It was also a great chance for me to see some cousins too!





I hope you are still celebrating today, Butch!

No comments:

Post a Comment