Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dad's petunia

Mom loved flowers. When she & Dad moved to town she found big wooden tubs to plant flowers in around the house. Some favorites were begonias & geraniums. Both would bloom her favorite color: red! Since Mom's been gone we've been able to keep the flowers going each summer. Dad would complain about it but he'd keep them watered. This year I brought plants with me on a visit to plant in his tubs again. But he was ailing then so I took them back home. Really didn't think he'd be up to keeping them watered. So the tubs are growing weeds this summer. On my last visit to see him I noticed this lone petunia growing in the crack in the concrete up against the garage. He'd had petunias growing last summer by the back door & a seed survived our long, cold winter! It was a beautiful sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment