Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Don & Cheryl!



Don & Cheryl celebrate 36 years of married life today! They were married here in Lincoln on a hot day in a Catholic church without air conditioning. One of my siblings passed out from the heat but I don't recall who. I do remember the powder blue tuxes & the dresses the bridesmaids wore. Cheryl had made her own beautiful gown! (And I'm sure could still fit in it!) It was a memorable day for all of us to be in the big city of Lincoln from down on the farm. Dad took us to McDonalds on O street for a meal & they weren't open yet but the guy at the door asked if we were a tour. Dad said no this was just his family! Congratulations to both of you!



Photo taken May 30th in Dad's kitchen.

Addendum: Don tells me that both Jim & Dale passed out at the wedding. The temperature was 101 degrees that day.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard that story about McDonald's before...how funny. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I'm not the only one that remembers that!

    ReplyDelete