Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the Lola bag

Nancy started it! Last fall after she walked in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk in Hastings she suggested we make something to sell to raise money for 2010. That suggestion stuck with me. I had discovered Vera Bradley bags about this time & they name some of their purses: Vera, Maggie, Betsy. So I got the idea that we could make a "Lola Bag" to remember Mom with. And she loved to sew so it seemed fitting that we sew a bag. I finally found a pattern I loved so this past weekend my sisters & I sewed Lola bags . . . with help from more family!







Ashley got some sewing lessons from her mother, Nancy.





We kept Betty busy pinning & pressing.



Betty's daughter, Lora, stopped by with her fiance, Jonathon.



Connie put Jason to work cutting out fabric.





My niece, Andrea, stopped by to lend support.



Austin's girlfriend, Yizhi, hung out with Zeke & the rest of us for a short while. They were in town for a wedding.



Angie, my niece, had time to drop in with some fabric & do a little cutting out.



We had labels made with Mom's name on it that we sewed in the pocket seam on the bags.







The bags turned out beautifully! We are now selling them for $20 each. Contact us if you want to purchase one. The bag fabric patterns will change as we sell bags & buy more fabric. The Alzheimer's Memory Walk is September 16th in Hastings this year.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Super excited about the bags. I love the last photo!

    ReplyDelete