Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ardene's garden

I got to know a neighbor, Ardene, this past week when the poppies & peonies blooming in her front yard drew me in. I asked to photograph them & she showed me the blooming oasis in her backyard also (I can't normally see it as it's hidden by a privacy fence). What a sanctuary she has created! There's also a small shed in the backyard where she might eat breakfast with her daughter or do some potting of plants out of. She has a real talent for growing plants & something she takes great joy in. As a bonus I even found some clothespins. Thanks for the tour, Ardene!































































































4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Ardene is my niece; she has many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! You are a very talented photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardene is my cousin. Wonderful photos. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Canon Xsi with a 50mm lens (my favorite). I've been very happy with this combination. I also use a Canon G7 quite a bit (it's my backup camera). It gets used for the real closeups like Ardene's poppies.

    ReplyDelete