Thursday, August 20, 2009

Salsa!

Nancy & Jason arrived yesterday evening for an assortment of doctor appointments at Madonna today. Hearing of my bounty of tomatoes Nancy helped me make a batch of salsa! We used up 10 pounds of tomatoes (yeah!) & canned 9 pints (there's another 1 1/2 quarts in the frig). I learned how to do a hot water bath to seal the jars. We had to use pints as I don't have a canner deep enough to accommodate quart jars. The recipe also included onions, bell peppers, jalapenos (10!), tomato paste, white vinegar, brown sugar and salt. The right amount of heat. Thanks Nancy! A job like this is so much more fun when you have help. Nancy peeled & crushed the tomatoes while I diced peppers & onions. Let me know if you want the exact recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment