Monday, August 10, 2009

Colorado peaches

Every summer I look forward to the Colorado peaches arriving. They are sweet & juicy. This year they aren't as large as in the past but the flavor is still there. I've heard that the Missouri peaches were good this year too. It just seems that if they have to travel too far the flavor suffers. One of my favorite recipes for peaches was given to me by my friend, Kathie. This recipe is appropriate coming from her because she asked me to join a small group a few years back that calls themselves "The Pie Club". Although I have yet to eat pie with them! Great recipe though:

Fresh Peach Pie

Mix together in a large glass bowl: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 4 heaping T. cornstarch and 4 T. apricot jello (the dried gelatin in the envelope). Whisk ingredients together then microwave on high for 4 minutes (stir every 2 minutes) or until thickened & clear. Cool. Meanwhile peel & slice 6-7 peaches. (I used 7 medium peaches in the pie above.) Stir peaches into glaze. Pour into a baked crust or graham cracker crust. (I use those premade crusts.) Chill. Top with whipped cream. You can easily substitute strawberries also.

No comments:

Post a Comment