Saturday, August 29, 2009

beautiful baskets

My trip last weekend to Colorado was inspired by my friend, Christy. We were eating lunch one day talking about our mutual friend, Mary, who lives in Ft. Collins. Christy offhandedly said that she & Mary used to grocery shop together! I commented that they must have been really close friends. Christy agreed. My next thought was that Christy should really go see Mary . . . and I could drive her there . . . road trip!! It all transpired in a short period of time which can be a good thing. Christy is a real homebody so if I had given her more time to think about this trip she may have changed her mind. I got to know Mary when we both lived in Camden, Arkansas in the early 1990's & our husbands worked together. We learned to weave baskets there. Eventually I quit making baskets but Mary took it to another level & has made some amazing utilitarian baskets & others that are pieces of art! So of course I had to take a few pictures. The last series of photos are of just one basket; I never did take a photo of the entire basket. I thought the different angles were more interesting. It was a great short trip where I got to visit with friends & family!





















No comments:

Post a Comment