Sunday, March 10, 2013

goodbye, Jack

A week ago today we said goodbye to our best friend, Jack. He'd been a part of our family for over fifteen years & even though we knew this day was coming it made it no easier to bear. I didn't realize how big his personality was until it was gone. He didn't greet us at the door every time but instead stayed in the comfort of his chair & whined at us until we stopped to pet & greet him. He still enjoyed two walks a day. They'd become shorter & slower and I'd learned that I had to go in whatever direction he chose or else I'd just be dragging him by the leash. His favorite foods were peanut butter & chicken. We buried him in our back yard to keep him nearby. I'm not sure why I removed his collar; we'll never have a dog that can wear it like Jack did.

No comments:

Post a Comment