Sunday, February 24, 2013

clothespins for sewing

I may not be taking a lot of pictures lately but I have been doing a little sewing. I found the pattern for these fabric baskets here and decided to make one for a possible baby gift (don't know if a boy or girl yet; someone I work with). I found these Clover clips at Hobby Lobby that have come in handy with this kind of project. I made the smaller basket & when finished ends up being 5" across & 7" tall when folded back like shown. She doesn't say what the seam allowance is but I figured it out to be 1/4". It is a great pattern with the ability to alter the size easily to fit your needs. Instead of finishing it like she did I put the lining inside the outer basket wrong sides together & folded down the top edges 1/2" then sewed them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment