Saturday, February 2, 2013

passing the torch . . . er, sewing machine

I had the pleasure of eating lunch today with my nieces, Becky & Angie. They chose Lee's Chicken which has not updated its decor since it opened. But we love its cozy ambiance & of course their fried chicken.

In a moment of inspiration (or weakness) I offered Becky Mom's sewing machine. She is learning to sew with a hand-me-down machine that keeps breaking down. I know Mom would love to see it go to one of her grandkids & I know Becky will love having it. I made sure she could thread it & wind the bobbin before we packed it into its case. Don made sure it wouldn't pop open with some zip ties. She'll carry it on the plane with her when she flies home. I'm looking forward to hearing how she fares with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment