Thursday, June 2, 2011

tour of the house

While Don was out hunting this past weekend, I found myself with time on my hands inside the ranch house. With my camera. So I walked through the house looking for something interesting & really the whole place is fascinating. Starting with all the old doorknobs that have so much character.



An old rotary phone is on the wall in the entryway.









Don calls this his "mushroom gun". It's the one he takes along when hunting for morels. Just to have something along in case a turkey crosses his path. His other shotgun is heavier.













These are the stairs to the basement. I don't go down there unless I have too. There are new garage doors up this year to help keep out any big varmints but I'm sure there are a few mice lurking in the shadows. Our friend, Don H., took a header down these stairs a few years ago & lived to tell about it. Don has gotten a lot of mileage out of that story.



These are the stairs going upstairs.



A bedroom upstairs. A room with a view.









Another upstairs bedroom (there are three). This portrait on the wall is one of Don's ancestors. I have not ever slept in this bed & do not care to with him looking over me all night.







The front hallway. Back at the beginning.



I hope you enjoyed the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment