Monday, December 13, 2010

Roy's salsa

It's a busy time of year at work for me in outpatient surgery. Everyone is trying to get their elective surgery in since their deductible has been met. This means we nurses need some extra sustenance. So today I took to work some salsa from a recipe Roy had given me a few months ago & hadn't made yet. It was a big hit. No surprise there. He wrote the recipe down on the back of an envelope from memory so I'm sure it's one he makes regularly.





I made a few substitutions though. I used a can of blackeyed peas since I bought only one can of black beans (I was sure I had an extra can of black beans in the cupboard.) And I didn't have garlic salt so I substituted one teaspoon table salt & two cloves of garlic chopped. I only used one jalapeno. And make sure you drain & rinse the beans. Drain the juice off the corn & black olives too. Serve with chips. Thanks, Roy!

No comments:

Post a Comment