Saturday, January 9, 2010

easy appetizer

Our friends, Carol & Frank, invited us over for a small party at their home last night & I offered to bring something. I had some leftover turkey in the frig so I tried something I had enjoyed before but had never made. I baked some small cream puffs then filled them with turkey salad. The cream puffs are easy: melt one cup water & one stick of butter in a saucepan. When the mixture is boiling stir in a cup of flour; stir over low heat until it forms a ball. Remove from heat & beat in 4 eggs (I had to use my whisk for this). Drop by teaspoonful 3" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet & bake at 400 degrees about 20-25 minutes. They'll be puffed up & golden brown. Let cool. Slit the sides, remove any soft dough & fill with your favorite turkey or chicken salad. I made 30 with this recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment