Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nancy's clothespins

I came across clothespins on Nancy's (my sister) clothesline last year. No sign of a clothespin bag though. I remember Mom had one out on the farm. It spent so much time outside on the clothesline that the elements eventually wore the fabric away & Mom would have to sew a new one. It had a wire frame that hooked over the line. Sometimes the wind blew hard enough to knock it to the ground. So I suppose my fascination with clothespins is driven a little by nostalgia for a time gone by.

I also want to say Happy Birthday to my friend, Nancy, who is from Blue Hill but lives here in Lincoln now. We met a looooooooong time ago when we both worked in the nursing home in Blue Hill. I spent a couple of summers in high school living with my grandparents & walked to work. Nancy & I bonded over emptying bed pans, bathing residents & eating great food made by her mother, Bertha, who worked in the kitchen. Happy Birthday, Nancy!







No comments:

Post a Comment