Thursday, October 29, 2009

knitting & the World Series

Last night the World Series began; the Phillies vs the Yankees. The Phillies handily won 6-1. The Phillies pitcher, Cliff Lee, lasted all 9 innings! I used to watch a fair amount of baseball. Followed the Atlanta Braves at one time. But even if I've gotten out of the habit now, the World Series is different. I love watching it & it is a great time to knit. (When the ice storm hit Lincoln in October of '97 & we lost power, Don & I went to bed early & listened to the World Series on a battery powered radio.) Just in time for the World Series I started this project . . .



It'll become a felted knitting basket like this one I made for myself. The recipe calls for 500 yards of worsted weight wool. For this new project I'm using color Blue Blood Red from the Brown Sheep Company located in Mitchell, Nebraska. I buy it at my LYS.



This new project is a Christmas present. I expect to finish knitting it during the World Series & felt it later. May the best team win!

No comments:

Post a Comment