Wednesday, October 7, 2009

garage sale

My friend, Lynne, had a garage sale this past Saturday. A chilly blustery day but she was getting some traffic while I was there.











This hockey puck wasn't for sale. It used to belong to Lynne's father; so it is now a treasured possession of hers. But she happened to have it in hand when putting out some stuff so I took a picture. First time I saw a hockey puck this close up!


Pee Wee Herman caught my eye. Back in the day before the Cartoon Network we'd be up Saturday mornings watching cartoons with the boys. Pee Wee's Playhouse was a favorite. No I didn't purchase the doll though.






What's a garage sale without Life magazines?


This cigar box brings back memories. These were a staple in our house growing up. And what uses we could find for them when the cigars had all been smoked. I still have a box somewhere with memorabilia in it from Catholic grade school.












I finally left with a purchase . . . these shaving soaps that Don can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment