Saturday, December 28, 2013

tradition

My friend, Joan, gets together with her family during the holidays to make tamales. The ingredients are prepared ahead of time so when they are all together they only have to assemble & cook them. Joan invited me (and my camera) again this year. I brought along my recorder too as I wanted Joan's mother, Marie, to talk a bit about the making of tamales.  Joan's sisters, Gina & Lisa, are helping along with Joan's daughter-in-law, Sara. (And I made tamales too!)  I really enjoy documenting events like this. I appreciate having a recording of this generation's voice.  I hope you enjoy it too.



On a side note, today a favorite business of mine is closing: The Photo Shoppe in Piedmont. If I have ever sent you photos with a white frame they came from The Photo Shoppe. Just not enough business to keep it going.  I gave them all of my print business. I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment