Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dad's tools

I spent thirty minutes with Dad out in his garage. He started out by pulling open drawers full of wrenches. He pointed out tools in the garage. Tools he no longer has the energy to use. He could spend hours out in this garage working on golf carts & just tinkering. Whistling under his breath. Returning to the house with grease under his fingernails. Those were the days when Mom was still alive & at home. She'd be busy in the house cooking & sewing. My parents did not sit around idle. They used their hands. Which makes it all the harder for Dad now to be limited by his diminishing health. Eventually he got tired & sat in a chair while I finished up. Some of these photos made it to my final eight cut. Some of these did not. And of course, I had to get a photo of Dad. He made the cut.























No comments:

Post a Comment