Monday, August 5, 2013

pink blouse

I spent a few days visiting family in KC last week. My aunt, Elaine, helped me sew this shirt in 24 hours. But we were both always busy working! While I sewed she was busy pressing & pinning. I used McCalls 6436. We shortened the length by four inches & the sleeves by two inches. And it fits me perfectly. The front of the pattern claims it is "easy". There are a lot of pattern pieces though. Elaine's mentoring & short cuts made it go smoothly for me. She is such a treasure trove of skill & knowledge about sewing I just know I'll have to go back for another session. Connie gave me some wool out of her fabric stash so I already have another project in mind. I sewed this shirt with some gingham I bought at Walmart. I hope to make myself more of these. I learned some great tips & tricks from Elaine. If I could name the most important it would be to press frequently. Then press some more! Thanks, Elaine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment