Saturday, June 22, 2013

hand puppets

My son & his wife don't read my blog, I'm sure, so it is safe to say here that I am ready to be a grandparent. But I know I don't get to decide such things. In the meantime I am practicing making some stuff for future possible grandbabies. Today I am going to a baby shower for a coworker. I had happened upon a puppet pattern that I thought was simple. Renae was doing some zoo like theme for the baby's room & I thought I could make a giraffe puppet. My first try at the pattern is the blue dog. He turned out ok but not well enough to give to anyone. His ears aren't sewn in quite right & he still doesn't have a nose. I used polar fleece for this pattern even though the directions say to use felted wool which is too much work for me. I found a giraffe in a children's book I used as a model & I am happy with how it turned out. I hope Renae enjoys it with her new baby too. If you are interested in making your own puppet the pattern is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment