Friday, January 21, 2011

Austin Healey

My brother, Don, bought a used car over the holidays. An Austin Healey. Apparently he's been watching eBay for awhile hoping to find one. He had one of these when he was in college. He lived in a basement apartment on Charleston street in the North Bottoms neighborhood. One weekend he gave me a ride in his Austin Healey. I must have been about twelve years old. We cruised through downtown & made a sweep around the capitol. Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline" on the radio. Anyway that's how I remember it. One of those old memories that's gotten rewritten over time. That was a great car. I don't blame him for wanting another. If he ever gets to Lincoln with it, I want another spin around the capitol . . .











My niece, Angie, supplied the photos. She has a great self portrait in the final photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment